Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Quartz

Delorie Countertops & Doors opened in Pompano Beach, FL in 1999. Since then we have continued to grow into one of the premier countertop fabricators and cabinet door, component and cabinetry distributors in Southeast Florida.

Quartz Countertops

Elegant, durable, and available in various styles, quartz is quickly becoming one of the most popular materials for countertops. Of course, the main selling point for quartz has always been its toughness, but there’s been an explosion in the number of styles and colors available with quartz countertops in recent years. From bright colors like red and green to an earthier, more natural stone look, quartz has never been more fashionable. But, no matter what look you’re going for, Delorie Countertops & Doors has the experience to make your quartz countertop dreams a reality. Here’s a quick rundown of all the things that make quartz such a great choice for your kitchen or bathroom.

Quartz Countertops FAQs

Why Pick Quartz Over Granite or Marble?

Although quartz stone is the main ingredient in quartz countertops – about 95% – it’s the other 5% that makes the biggest difference. Rather than using huge slabs of solid rock like granite or marble, quartz countertops are made by mixing ground quartz with small amounts of polyester resins and pigments. This process serves two purposes. The first is that the resin helps make the countertop stain and scratch-resistant, making quartz counters even more durable than their granite or marble counterparts. The second purpose is to allow for greater variety in color and style. Like metallic flecks or even recycled glass, other materials can be added to the quartz and resin to add an extra flair to the final countertop. Unlike other stone countertops, which are pulled out of the earth as-is, quartz countertops are much more customizable.

In the past, the biggest downside of quartz was that it lacked the gorgeous patterns and swirls of natural stone. The process of mixing the resin with the ground quartz would result in patterns that were relatively uniform and uninteresting. However, in recent years, that’s changed pretty much entirely. Today, countertop manufacturers offer designs with all the flecks and swirls of natural stone, making quartz countertops indistinguishable from solid granite or marble.

In the past, the biggest downside of quartz was that it lacked the gorgeous patterns and swirls of natural stone. The process of mixing the resin with the ground quartz would result in patterns that were relatively uniform and uninteresting. However, in recent years, that’s changed pretty much entirely. Today, countertop manufacturers offer designs with all the flecks and swirls of natural stone, making quartz countertops indistinguishable from solid granite or marble.

How Are Quartz Countertops Made?

Rather than being mined out of the earth like marble or granite, quartz is created in a factory. First, quartz crystals are ground down into a fine powder. The powder is then mixed with a few different binding resins. Next, the mixture is heated, which allows the resins to bind to the ground crystals, creating a solid substance that’s much tougher and more scratch-resistant than quartz by itself. Finally, pigments are added to make the color of the quartz, along with other decorative objects like glass, metal flecks, or small rocks. The result is visually identical to a slab of rock but much tougher and specially customized for a particular look.

Quartz Countertops Products

  • All
  • Corian Quartz
  • LX Hausys Quartz
  • Wilson Art Quartz
  • Ceaserstone Quartz

Pros and Cons of Quartz Countertops

Like any material, quartz has both advantages and disadvantages. It’s always a good idea to get the complete picture before making a decision, so here’s a short rundown of a few pros and cons for choosing quartz.

Pros

Cons

Any Other Questions?

Remodeling your kitchen can be a lot of work, but at Delorie Countertops & Doors, we’re here to help. Our 20 years of experience has made us a premier remodeling company in Southeast Florida, and we’re ready to bring that experience to work for you. If you’d like to talk to us about installing a quartz countertop or have more questions, give us a call at (954) 970-7661 or visit us in Pompano Beach or Vero Beach. We’re excited about the opportunity to sit with you and turn your dream kitchen into a reality.

Free Showroom Consultation

    PARTNERED WITH THE BEST